Valerie Connelly, Publisher at Nightengale Press is putting together a collection of "letters" or essays to the new grandparent and grandparents-to-be from those who have become and are currently grandparents. The idea is to create a humorous, touching, honest book of perspectives for the grandparent-to-be. There will be as nearly an equal numbers of both men and women in this anthology as possible.
STEPS TO TAKE:
1) Interested published authors need to contact Valerie Connelly by Monday, April 15th expressing their interest at email@example.com
2) Include a short bio and a listing of your published titles.
3) Please submit a working title with a short overview.
4) If you know another professional/published author who might be interested, please pass this idea long to them.
Valerie will contact you requesting you submit your essay by the deadline. Please do not send your essay until she contacts you.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 30TH.
Submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will create a "letter" of 2,500 to 3,500 words, about your first-hand experience with grandparenting. This book is intended to bring to the novice grandparent the wonderful advice and wisdom of those who have (for lack of a less cliché expression) "been there, done that."
If you feel you need more guidance for your topic, or at least some sense of what Valerie is looking for, you may consider these ideas for use or inspiration:
1) First-timer's Expectations vs. the Real Thing
2) The Funniest Thing Happened on the Way to the Changing Table...and Other Humorous Events
3) Grandkids Say the Darndest Things
4) What Grandchildren Do to Light Up Your Life
5) Yes, You Can Give Them Back to Their Parents When...
6) Passing Along Your Talents and Skills to Your Grandkids...
7) When to Speak Up and When to Go Mute as You See Your Children Parenting Your GrandKids
8) How to Survive a Week with Grandchildren in your House
9) Traveling for the Holidays and Other Special Events, Such as Family Vacations, Trips to the Zoo, etc...
10) How to Successfully Spoil Your Grandchildren for the Better
Valerie be the Editor and will also publish the book at no cost to you. All participating authors get an equal portion of the net proceeds royalties, which may or may not make you happy to participate. But, rest assured your portion will be as fair and profitable as I can possibly make it. Of course, you'll be free to sell the book yourselves, and all pubcomps from sales through online sources and/or bookstores will be divided equally between the authors and editor. The publishing firm will take no royalty.
Posted by Lidya Endzo Kun iLLa